On selected Fridays, experienced dancers from far and wide are invited to join CD*NY for an evening of Advanced dancing, featuring challenging dances and limited teaching.
The Fridays for the Fall/Winter 2014 session are:
October 24, 2014 - Autumn Frolic with Joanna Reiner Wilkinson and music by Cynthia Shaw, Naomi Morse, and Gene Murrow. 7:30-10:30pm, admission $20 for all.
January 9, 2015 - Twelfth Night Assembly with Tom Amessé and music by Hold the Mustard: Barbara Greenberg, Daniel Beerbohm, Kathie Talvitie, Paul Prestopino. 7:30-10:30pm, admission $20 for all.
Are you an Advanced Dancer?
If you need to be helped through certain figures or steps, these evenings are not for you.
You are probably ready if
- You tend to give help to your partner more than you rely on help from your partner.
- You can dance most longways dances competently even if the caller stops prompting after the second or third round.
- You have been doing English country dancing one or more years.
- You can execute all the ECD moves below, given the name alone and no further prompting:
- double figure of eight
- double 1/2 figure of eight
- Rights and Lefts with hands and without twiddles
- mirror hey
- open ladies' chain
- cloverleaf turn single
- double progression
- triple minor progression