On selected Fridays, experienced dancers from far and wide are invited to join CD*NY for an evening of Advanced dancing, featuring challenging dances and limited teaching.
The Fridays for the Spring 2013 session are:
Feb. 1 - The Gotham Assembly with Beverly Francis
March 22 - Scott Higgs, with music by The Flying Romanos
May 17 - Orly Krasner, music by Robin Russell, Naomi Morse\
Each dance will last from 7-10p.m.
Are you an Advanced Dancer?
If you need to be helped through certain figures or steps, these evenings are not for you.
You are probably ready if
- You tend to give help to your partner more than you rely on help from your partner.
- You can dance most longways dances competently even if the caller stops prompting after the second or third round.
- You have been doing English country dancing one or more years.
- You can execute all the ECD moves below, given the name alone and no further prompting:
- double figure of eight
- double 1/2 figure of eight
- Rights and Lefts with hands and without twiddles
- mirror hey
- open ladies' chain
- cloverleaf turn single
- double progression
- triple minor progression